Counseling & Psychotherapy
Are you looking for real change? I provide personalized counseling to address your specific needs and engage in more than talking to help you meet your goals.
Through our work together we can:
- – Cultivate awareness of the patterns that are causing you difficulties
- – Begin to relate to those patterns in a new way
- – Heal the root causes of the patterns that hold you back
- – Create new paths and see new options moving forward
- – Release past limitations and step into your potential
Importantly, this isn’t just about learning skills or techniques (I’ve got those too!). Therapy is about diving deep into your healing from the inside out.
Integrating the wisdom of your body and the Neuroscience of Psychology are integral to the work I do. Unlocking where patterns of emotions, behaviors, thoughts are stuck is possible when you address the deep underlying patterns.
*Counseling and Psychotherapy for Residents of Oregon, Georgia and Washington
Teletherapy & Online Counseling
I specialize in providing services online. In fact, I now work with all of my clients online. Whether you are at home, at work, or simply too busy to commute to the therapy office, you can get the help and care you deserve through online therapy.
Online therapy, also known as e-therapy, teletherapy, telehealth and remote therapy, is considered (and proven) to be just as effective as in person therapy, in some cases more so. The only difference is you can choose where you are most comfortable and when is most convenient for you.
We meet using fully HIPAA-compliant, confidential software so that you can access support at your convenience without worrying about your privacy.
I have Telehealth for Mental Health certification. I have studied with many of my teachers and mentors to adjust all my somatic and holistic methods to working online. I have found that you are often more comfortable diving deep into healing when you’re at home. I’ve moved my whole practice online to offer you therapy with no commute and on your schedule.
Somatic & Holistic Coaching
FIND THE PATH FORWARD
- – Find your direction in life
- – Find and design your life around your passion, your dreams and your aspirations
- – Identify your skills and create new self-awareness
- – Learn new tools to help you find success and fulfillment in your life, career, relationships
- – Meet your goals for health, healing and wellness
If you are ready to gain clarity, find direction and take action, my holistic approach to coaching can help.
Personal and professional coaching is a powerful way for those who have goals to achieve, dreams to fulfill, and potential to realize. It is also very helpful for people who simply need general guidance or help with troubleshooting particular problems and taking steps forward. We will explore all aspects of your life and uncover where the roadblocks are that may be holding you back. I am a certified coach with life experience, extensive training and an in depth understanding of psychology. I can support you in making the changes you’ve been longing for.
One of the central goals of EMDR is to help you leave the past in the past. Have you found yourself in the same situation again and again, or repeating thought patterns and behaviors even though you know better? Often this is due to unresolved issues from the past. Trauma and difficult experiences can impact our emotions, thoughts, moods and behaviors for years. EMDR is an evidence-based therapy that uses bilateral stimulation of the brain to help release old patterns.
EMDR can effectively be used to treat PTSD, trauma, abuse, panic attacks, anxiety, phobias, complicated grief, disturbing memories, body image issues to name a few. EMDR can help reduce emotional distress related to a wide variety of issues.
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy is a body-oriented integration technique for releasing past trauma. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy helps you move through unprocessed trauma that has been holding you back and leading to fight/flight or freeze responses when stressed. This form of treatment considers the ways our bodies are processing information on the level of the nervous system and helps you build more resources and sense of safety inside yourself and in your day-to-day life.
Sensorimotor helps to harness the healing power and intelligence of your nervous system that leads to lasting change. We keep the whole person in mind and consider mind body and spirit in context and relationship, rather than work with these elements in isolation.
Holistic and Integrative Methods
I integrate the following methods, courses, and certifications into my work with you. I am always in training to stay up to date on the latest research in the fields of counseling, therapy, neuroscience, wellness, health, and coaching to benefit you.
- – Trauma Informed Counseling and Therapy-Certified in Trauma Informed Care
- – Non-Violent Communication
- – Healing Invisible Wounds: Working Through Past Sexual Trauma in Relationships
- – Dissociation and the Body
- – Mindfulness, Healing and Transformation: Jon Kabbat Zinn
- – Neuroscience & Psychology
- – Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills
- – Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Anxiety
- – Gender Affirming Care Training
- – Treating Shame & Self-Loathing
- – Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- – Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- – Therapy, Trust, and Racial Trauma
- – Survive the Experience of Fear and Threat
- – Getting Back to Our Roots, Processing Trauma with EMDR
- – 3000 hours of continuing education in massage and bodywork
- – Biodynamic Craniosacral Certification
- – Mindfulness and Meditation Training
- – Yoga Training
Return to your
Center of Balance